12/10/11

Bound to be Friends

Bound to be Friends: I was inspired to try to do this by this photo [link] by Intelkuritsa. She does some beautiful photos, and I fell in love with this one immediately. It also made me wonder how close I could get to replicating a similar scene in 3D. This was my first effort to do so.

There were some elements of the photo scene that I did not even attempt. I'm not a 3D modeler, so the rope bindings on the lower part of the body were beyond my ability to do. I had to make do with things that I have in my library. I also was not trying to duplicate the characters themselves in appearance. I used my own characters (including the one representing yours truly!). It was more the overall style, posing, and feel of the image I wanted to duplicate.

While I am happy overall with what I was able to do to mimic the photo, obviously, it falls far short of what the photographer achieved. The lighting in particular is something that I did not do justice to; I'm still learning more about the use of light with the Reality plugin. But I'm reasonably satisfied with this as a first effort.

DS3A, Reality, Lux, Gimp
thumbnail

No comments: